Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wal-Creatures

My BFF, Sinn, author of the blog Fiber Molestation, forwarded me the funniest site I’ve seen in ages.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Finally something worth following on a daily basis! This is better than those ‘joke a day’ things that are texted and forwarded all the time. I can’t think of a better pick me up when one is having a bad day.

I have seen hundreds of what the site calls “wal-creatures” at the many local Wal-Marts in my area; now I have found a home for the cell phone pictures I will be taking. This is going to be fun!

I hope I don’t end up on the site though… lol



Speaking of Wal-Mart, on a recent trip I bought a couple of pumpkin carving kits and pumpkins and Si and I carved our own wal-creatures.

Can you tell who carved which one? Of course you can! Mine is the kitty... duh. I think Si’s looks better; it’s more scary and Halloweeny.


My sister recently moved back to the city just in time for the holidays. She also got a couple of pumpkins for the girls to carve this year but she’s never carved one before so I offered to lend a hand since I had a couple of extra kits laying around from ours.

We didn’t use the patterns because it was their first pumpkin and it took me and Si, mere adults, about 3 hours to carve ours so I thought it was best to keep it simple for them. We did the traditional triangle and bad teeth pumpkins which took about three hours as well. lol

This is a bad pic of Nani with her pumpkin.

This is Jaidyn with her pumpkin.

And here they are together…

Jaidyn is wearing one of my hats in the last picture. She wears it so well! What a couple of beauties they are turning into; they’ll be breaking hearts in no time at all now.

No comments: