Friday, February 06, 2009

It's Gonna Be OK?

Things are really looking up these days. And as far as school… I got a do-over!! I just called my counselors at the school and explained to them the problems and road blocks that I’ve been running into and they granted me a onetime only do-over for this most recent and hellish block of (thankfully, only two) classes. Needless to say I am ecstatic!! I guess I got lucky this time, but it can NEVER happen again.


School seems central to anything good that may happen in my future. I’ve been waiting on my school money so that I can fix Red once and for all (and it just came in today). Everyone has been advising me to get another used car but I REFUSE! Some of you may even think that I am crazy, but I do have logical reasons for holding on to Red.



Her body is not my ideal in a vehicle, I mean, I’m like any other American when I say I LOVE a sporty body on a car; something small and sleek. But what Red lacks in outward beauty she makes up for in her functionality. She has great mileage per gallon because of her small engine; for more than five years now she had been low maintenance and had gotten me from place A to place B and back again safely and for the most part, reliably. I have known her for a long time so I know how she has been treated and maintained. I vow to maintain her better from on as well.



Another reason for keeping Red alive has recently crossed my mind; my sister, bless her heart, locks her keys in her car from time to time, so when I asked her why she didn’t just make a few copies to keep around she informed me that one key to her vehicle would cost her almost $100 dollars!! I was flabbergasted at this amount, and then she says that a copy without a computer chip inside, a valet copy, would cost only half that. I am amazed that she said “only half”. A copy of my car key costs me about $1 dollar, and $5 if the shop is booshi (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=booshi urban dictionary for those that just don’t know). So, the low cost of an extra key is just another plus on Red’s side.



And not to leave out what I think may be the best reason I can give in these trying financial times… Red is paid for, I bought her with cash and have never made one payment further, I own her outright. Also, since she is an older model, she is very affordable when it comes to insurance, tags, and tax. I’m taking her in for a diagnostic check up as soon as possible; let’s hope she can be brought back to her prime soon.



Si is still ill and away; the Royal Love-Smith’s and I miss him. But there is good news here, he will be back home next week, the doctors have fixed the issue he was having with his arm and they are just holding him for a few more days for monitoring. When doctors say that, I usually translate it to mean that they aren’t sure what might happen next or don’t know what is ultimately wrong. Either way, it’s minor and besides feeling lonely and imprisoned, he feels well; he just wants to be home of course.



I’ve been spoiling him to death for some reason; he just deserves it I suppose. He has been whining about needing a Snuggie for months now, that and a Ped Egg. I found both at Walgreen’s for him. He loves that damn Snuggie… Lol. Then I got him a couple of games for his PS2 to help pass the time. Anyway, he will home soon.



The Royal Love-Smith’s have a local enemy cat that lives outside. This cat comes around all the time and taunts them, driving the Love-Smith’s crazy so that they hiss, hit and scratch at the windows. I finally caught the culprit sleeping on my porch.

He or she is just too cute!

But I still had to shoo it away for the sake of the Royals. I think it has home nearby somewhere, it looks well fed.

No comments: