Friday, August 15, 2008

Flowbee and Update

Hello Everybody!
Yeah it’s been a while since I posted anything. I can’t say that it’s because I’m bored though, I actually have good news. I didn’t want to say anything until I knew for sure that it was going to work out, but I want to announce that I am once again attending college courses. Yay!

This is how it happened, its going to sound like a bad commercial, but it’s entirely true. An old friend that I hadn’t seen in a while came by for a visit about a month ago and said that he was attending classes at a local University of Phoenix. I was like, “What? I though that was an online school.” And he said “It is, but they also have classes here that I go to physically.”

I don’t like doing things strictly online, ya know. I have to have a physical place to go to for things like school business and financial aid stuff. I have to see everything I guess. So I was real excited to hear that they have a local campus and questioned him thoroughly.

He said he was taking a computer course and went to physical class regularly, but then later he would start the online portion and couldn’t tell me much about that part of it. So I decided to go down there and ask questions myself. I was enrolled at the end of that visit.

I didn’t really want to tell too many people since I wasn’t sure if it would even work out. They were getting me in very last minute for financial aid stuff and I would have to just take a wait-n-see attitude for a couple weeks, while going to classes online. So I been sweatin for a while waiting on financial aid.

Luckily today I found out that the money came in and I can continue with classes. Yay again! Let me say that I am loving this online school. It’s just perfect for me because I’m such a hermit and I have strange hours. I can go to class and do homework at the online library (which is very extensive) at anytime I want! That means that I’m usually in class around 3 am each night. Which is great!

Another thing I love about it is that I don’t have to dress to see anyone or get out to go to class everyday. I don’t think that I’m antisocial or anything, I think I’m just very shy, so I think people think that I’m strange in real life. Whatever the case, I’m defiantly in my element now. I’m already making a perfect A and I hope that it just gets better from here. Is there an online deans list? I have to check that out, and if they do have one, that’s my next immediate goal.

Besides doing great in school and feeling generally optimistic, I have fun news too. See, I’d been finding it hard these days (as is the rest of the country) to afford basic things like haircuts. I don’t know about you, but it costs, on average here, about $40 bucks for a decent cut. And that’s just the cut because they charge to use the damn blow dryer now days.

So what’s a girl to do when her hair is growing wild and untamable? Well, I had been the pony-tail and bun queen for a while but then remembered a gadget I hadn’t seen in about 20 years. A flowbee. Yes a flowbee would solve this problem if only they still existed. So I got online and found out that they do still exist and are still being sold here:
http://www.flowbee.com/.

Eureka! Right? Well, almost. If I don’t have the money for a haircut, I sure as hell don’t have double the money to get this hair cutting system I want. So then I thought that there must be people out there that don’t like using it. People like my aunt that always buys the latest “as seen on tv” thing and then discards it when they’re bored or whatever. So I put an ad on Craigslist, “Flowbee Wanted”, and waited to see what came in.

I got lots of emails like this making fun of me, “OMG! I hope you’re not a stylist, I don’t want to visit your shop.” Or “Damn your hair must be ugly.” I have to say that who ever those people were, they definitely have money to throw away, and are apparently ignorant as well. If I were a stylist I wouldn’t need a flowbee. And who ever spend their time typing to people that they’ve never seen saying “you must be ugly”, is only showing their own insecurities and probably wish they had one.

I did get about 3 serious replies and only one of those three had all the pieces. She didn’t give a price and so I thought that I’d start the bidding low at $20. “Ok, that sounds good”, she said. Wow, I didn’t have to haggle at all, I wonder if I should have started lower.

Needless to say I ran right on over and picked it up. When I got it home it didn’t work. I was pissed, right. But then Si picked it up and started tinkering with it, like all good men do. Low and behold, all it needed was a little oil and it works great! See the crappy cell phone video below.



Now my hair looks great! This has to be one of the best cuts I've ever had. Since my hair was too long to color with one box, I ran to put on the color that has been waiting months to cover my grays. So now that I’m feeling and looking better, I’ll be posting pics everywhere soon.

Thanks for reading my crap everyone!

No comments: